Weekly Yoga Classes
Kingskerswell Public Hall
Kingskerswell Public Hall
Kundalini Yoga is unique, fun and dynamic! Whilst revitalizing and rejuvenating your body, it uplifts your spirit and helps free your mind.
It also takes you on an inner journey of growth, helping you to reconnect with your true self, discover your passions and carve out a life that is aligned with what makes you truly happy.
* Rediscover your inner calm
* Strengthen your immunity
* Boost your metabolism
* Energize and invigorate your body and mind
Suitable for men and women of all ages. No experience needed.
MANTRA - We tune into each class with Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo which honours the Divine teacher within
MINDFULNESS - Meditation and breathing to bring our awareness into the present moment
MOVEMENT - Physical exercises that work the body from head to toe with a particular emphasis on flexing and strengthening the spine
RELAXATION - Guided meditation/inspirational words with music to soothe your soul
MANTRA - We tune out with Sat Nam which reminds us of who we are beyond the limitations of the body & mind
COVID REGULATIONS FOR IN-PERSON CLASSES
1. Book in via text 07926 351 299. If you don't have a mobile phone, via email please.
2. Bring your own yoga mat (I can't provide them at present due to covid) a block (or firm cushion), blanket and some water. If you don't have a yoga mat, I have new and sealed ones for £4.99 and recycled foam blocks for £5.99 always available in class.
2. Scan your QR code when you arrive (it's on the wall as you come into the front door) or register your name and number on the sheet provided in class.
3. Use the provided hands-free hand-gel when entering the building.
4. Please stay at home if you feel unwell, are displaying any symptoms, or if you've been in contact with anyone who's been sick in the previous 14 days. Let's be cautious so we can stay safe together!
What time should I arrive?
I would recommend arriving at least 10 minutes before the class starts to get settled.
What should I bring?
Please bring some water, your own yoga mat, a blanket for the relaxation and a firm cushion or block for seated postures.
What should I wear?
Either loose fitting clothing or lycra, so you can comfortably move and stretch. We practice bare foot.
Can I eat before a class?
It's best not to eat a large meal before practicing yoga, but a small snack would be fine.
Where is it?
Tuesdays & Thursdays are held at:
Kingskerswell Public Hall, Newton Road, Kingskerswell, Newton Abbot, TQ12 5EH.
Conveniently located in the middle of Kingskerswell, next door to the Sloop Inn pub (turn where it says 'Timberstore') and on the No.12 bus route (get off at Jury's Corner).
Sunday, Monday & Friday are livestreamed via Zoom.
Is there parking?
Yes there's free parking outside Kingskerswell Public Hall, on the main road and surrounding streets.
What if I have a significant health issue?
Please let me know before the class.
Do I have to be flexible?
Not at all. We practice yoga to become flexible in our bodies and minds. Over time, as your mind relaxes, so too will your body, so the intention of our yoga practice is to listen to our bodies and practice in a way that respects our strengths and limitations in that moment.
Are your classes suitable for beginners?
Yes all classes are suitable for beginners as we always practice with a beginners mind, which helps us to stay present and aware.
I'm retired. Is it suitable for me?
Yes all classes are mixed ability and ages. Modifications are also offered for the exercises, allowing everyone to practice at their own pace.
Is it only for women?
Definitely not. It's for everyone and anyone, regardless of their sex, age or level of fitness.
Can I combine yoga with other sports?
Yes, absolutely. It is perfect for strengthening the muscles and joints to help raise your game and most importantly, it helps to prevent injury.
If you have any questions that I've not covered, please contact me.